Choosing a yoga gift for a senior yogi is tricky. Choosing a yoga retirement gift makes it even harder.
Fun yet extreme yoga props that everyone is drooling over (think a yoga wheel or aerial yoga set) are out of the question. And so do funky and tight yoga leggings.
Besides, if they are already into yoga, it’s probably hard to find something yoga-related that they don’t already own.
If you’ve set your mind on yet another gift card, stop right there. I’ve rounded up a list of thoughtful yoga gift ideas any senior yogi will love: be it your parent, grandparent, or just a friend.
Keep reading for the 13 best yoga gift ideas perfect for celebrating retirement, birthday, anniversary, or any other special moment.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Yoga Knee Pad Cushion By SukhaMat
- 2 Yoga Gloves and Socks Set By YogaPaws
- 3 Organic Cotton Yoga Blanket By Ekaminhale
- 4 Yoga Book
- 5 Gentle Yoga DVD: 7 Beginning Yoga Practices for Mid-life (40’s – 70’s) By Jane Adams
- 6 Pune Yoga Chair + Instructional DVD
- 7 Standard Yoga Bolster By Hugger Mugger
- 8 Hemp Pain Relief Oil & Cream
- 9 The Art of Mandala: Adult Coloring Book By Jason Hamilton
- 10 Leather Writing Journal By Rogue Journals
- 11 Essential Oil Diffuser & Aromatherapy Set
- 12 Cork Yoga Blocks & A Strap By With Love Yoga Co
- 13 Neck Shoulder Massager By MaxKare
Yoga Knee Pad Cushion By SukhaMat
- NO MORE PAIN - Even the best of us face that uncomfortable pain in our knees and elbows when leaning on hard surfaces, right? The repetitive strain on these parts of your body can literally ruin your quality of life. Well, not anymore! If you’re looking for a way to ensure you keep that youthful spring in your step, you’re in the right place. Less hurting, more healing. Experience true knee, elbow and wrist comfort for the first time! 24" W x 10" L and 15mm thick (over half an inch).
- THAT EXTRA SUPPORT YOU’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR - You’ll be wondering how you’ve managed so long without it. Finally, you can get your revenge on those hurtful hardwood floors with our mini yoga mat. Most “new pain” gained from bad Yoga practice was reported to be in the shoulder, elbow, hand, wrist and knee. We don’t want you to be one of these cases, do you?
- THE MOST PORTABLE PROTECTION - No longer will you need to try awkwardly folding over your yoga mat for that desperately needed extra cushioning. Not only will it provide soft and secure surface for your joints, it can be used as a mat extension, which is great for resting your head! Our mat fits easily into your yoga mat bag, it’s durable, and it’s perfectly lightweight. The perfect thickness without sacrificing safety and balance.
Knee and wrist pain are a bummer, whether you’re 20 or 50.
Luckily, yoga can help, and this awesome SukhaMat can help with yoga.
Lightweight and incredibly supportive, this small yoga pad is a lifesaver for bony parts. Plus, it makes a perfect yoga gift for seniors and younger yogis alike.
Yoga Gloves and Socks Set By YogaPaws
- Practice anywhere with YogaPaws wearable yoga mats
- Padded yoga gloves and socks for indoor and outdoor use
- Made of natural rubber, mesh lycra, and 5mm of padded microfiber
This set of yoga gloves and socks is a perfect yoga retirement gift for beginner yogis.
They offer additional cushion for feet and wrists, and according to users, “help you grip even on carpet.” It means no more slipping or potential falling on your yoga mat.
Organic Cotton Yoga Blanket By Ekaminhale
- Organic Cotton Yoga Blanket
- GOTS Certified (Global Organic Textile Standards)
- Handloomed in Small Villages in India (not machines in factories)
Want to give a senior yogi friend a gift that they will actually use?
You can’t go wrong with a yoga blanket!
This one from Ekaminhale is so buttery soft and cozy that the recipient will end up using it all day long: either for yoga, home décor, or just for chilling with a good book.
By the way, it’s also made of 100% organic cotton and supports local communities in India.
See more options and read more reviews in the roundup of the best yoga blankets.
A yogi, young or old, always appreciates a gift of a good book.
These two suggestions here contain timeless wisdom, inspiration, and a daily dose of yoga for physical, emotional, and mental well-being at any age.
Gentle Yoga DVD: 7 Beginning Yoga Practices for Mid-life (40’s – 70’s) By Jane Adams
- Learn to practice over 100 yoga poses safely and effectively
- 7 completely different yoga sequences, each 18 - 34 minutes long
- Filmed in beautiful Glacier National Park
This is probably the best-rated yoga DVD among beginner yogis in their senior years.
With seven different yoga routines, daily home yoga practice has never been more accessible and fun.
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Take a look at this roundup of best yoga DVDs for every age and need.
Pune Yoga Chair + Instructional DVD
Looking for a yoga-related retirement gift for someone who’s been out of shape for years?
This yoga chair offers a smooth and comfortable start to the fantastic world of yoga. Complement it with a Chair Yoga DVD for the whole package.
Standard Yoga Bolster By Hugger Mugger
- Flat top and bottom create stability
- Exceptional firmness maintains structural integrity
- Handmade in the USA with upholstery-grade fabrics
Yoga bolsters are a dime a dozen. But if you want a high-quality, durable, and supportive yoga gift, reach for Hugger Mugger.
The company made its name by selling the best yoga bolsters and yoga pillows in the market. This one over here won’t disappoint!
Read more reviews on the best yoga bolsters in the market.
Hemp Pain Relief Oil & Cream
Yoga is a huge game-changer when it comes to pain management.
Combine the soothing yoga postures with pain-relieving and stress-reducing hemp oil and cream, like these ones here, and you’ll get one happy and healthy giftee in the end.
The Art of Mandala: Adult Coloring Book By Jason Hamilton
- Hamilton, Jason (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 107 Pages - 10/27/2018 (Publication Date) - Adult Coloring Books by Jason Hamilton (Publisher)
Coloring is super fun and relaxing. If your elderly friend is a colorist and a yoga enthusiast, this mandala coloring book is an excellent gift just for any occasion.
With 50 unique and beautiful designs, this book is easy to color and easy on your wallet, too!
Leather Writing Journal By Rogue Journals
- Handstained with a rich, dark brown dye highlights the true grain of the leather!
- Criss Cross Binding is hanstitched with super-strong doubled waxy nylon cording.
- 320 Pages (160 sheets) of lined archival writing paper.
Help your elderly yogi keep the memories alive with this luxury handmade leather journal.
Users call it a “work of art.” And it truly is.
Each journal is created by hand from start to finish by the most skilled craftsmen, making this leather beauty the best yoga retirement gift for senior yogis who like journaling.
Essential Oil Diffuser & Aromatherapy Set
As we age, we often tend to have a tough time falling asleep (and staying asleep too!), making it the perfect time to finally try out aromatherapy. Not only because essential oils create a soothing ambiance for yoga and meditation, but because the heavenly smell of lavender beats insomnia better than a hot glass of milk.
Besides, this diffuser here works as a humidifier, too.
Cork Yoga Blocks & A Strap By With Love Yoga Co
- Natural Cork Yoga Blocks with beautifully designed Blooming Lotus
- Each Cork Yoga Block Measures 3.5" W x 9" L x 5.5" H and Each Weighs Only 2.1 Lbs
- Each Cork Yoga Block Measures 3.5" W x 9" L x 5.5" H and Each Weighs Only 2.1 Lbs
A set of yoga blocks and a strap is yoga’s non-negotiable. If your senior yogi friend still doesn’t own one, they will surely appreciate this thoughtful yoga retirement gift.
Besides, who can resist this cute and carefully crafted lotus design?
Neck Shoulder Massager By MaxKare
- Care for your Family: concerned about the cervical health of your the whole family, relax with this shiatsu massager for 15 minutes each day
- Simulated Hand Kneading Massage: 8 Bi-directional rotation knots with optional heating therapy mode and 3 adjustable intensity, this equipment customizes relaxation for your whole body: neck, cervical, shoulder, back, waist and legs, helps to relief muscles pain
- Car and Home Use: With the AC and DC adapters in the package, you can have a deep massage therapy after a busy job at home, or after a long driving in the car, enjoy a private massage anytime and anywhere
Sure, you can gift a senior yogi in your life a visit to a massage parlor.
Or you can get them their personal shoulder and back massager so they could relax at home whenever they want to.